Marginal Revolution: Libros para Africa
Otro buen libro y que no está en la lista: "The Power of Productivity: Wealth, Poverty, and the Threat to Global Stability" de William W. Lewis, basado en un detallado estudio mundial de McKinsey de las restriciones a la productividad y el crecimiento. El capítulo sobre Brasil: sólido.
Last year before leaving for Liberia, I solicited book recommendations from a few friends (including Alex). I wanted to come up with a fairly short list of books that Liberian leaders should read if they were interested in building an economic system that would be conducive to economic growth.Here is the list of books that I took and donated to a college library:
- The Birth of Plenty by William Bernstein
- The Noblest Triumph, by Tom Bethell
- The Mystery of Capital, by Hernando De Soto
- The Elusive Quest for Growth, by William Easterly
- The Wealth and Poverty of Nations, by David Landes
- How the West Grew Rich, by Nathan Rosenberg and L.E. Birdzell"
Africa, development, economics, De Soto, Easterly, productivity, growth, books, review, Brasil, Chile